The Writing To Heal workshop is a deep dive into the powerful effects of writing as a therapeutic tool in addiction counseling. My interview with Eric A. Kreuter (PhD, CPA, CGMA, CFE, CASAC-T) provides insight into the power of pouring out thoughts and emotions onto the page. We cover the training, frameworks, and support structures that provide successful recovery and personal growth. There are plenty of powerful takeaways for anyone interested in the written word as a tool for positive change.
WARNING: This episode contains descriptions of trauma, abuse, drug & alcohol use, and addiction. While this episode does not contain any graphic details or profanity, it is not appropriate for children.
- Episode Notes (PDF Download)
- St. Christopher’s Inn (website)
- OASAS – Office of Addiction Services and Supports (website)
- Effective Use of Creative Writing In The Treatment Of Chemical Addiction (Nova Science Publishers – Nov 2021)
- Resource Recovery – Middletown, NY (website)
🤖 AI Statement: All elements of this episode are products of the author, Chris Kreuter and guests, and created without the use of AI tools.