This is part 6 of our summer PRINCIPLES series. It can be listened to by itself, but for greater context refer back to the intro Episode #32.
Principle #6 – Don’t Be Afraid To Ask For Help
Note that the principles in this series are what work for me. They allow me to thrive and live my values as best as I can. I’m not advocating the adoption of my specific set of principles. Rather I’m attempting to showcase the power of principles by providing more context on how they can be defined, codified, and embedded into the thoughts & actions of our lives.
Episode Notes (PDF Download)
6 tips for asking for help
- Be clear on what you need help with
- Review all your options: Which will be the most useful? Which are the most realistic?
- Respect the probability you’ll succeed with the option(s) chosen
- Tailor the request to whom you’re asking: Ensure you understand the commitment you’re asking them to bear and any compensation required.
- Set realistic expectations for what being successfully helped looks & feels like
- Recognize that the help delivered is unlikely to fully reach your expectations or vision. It may look drastically different than expected, for better or worse.
🤖 AI Statement: All elements of this episode are products of the author, Chris Kreuter, and created without the use of AI tools.